26 May 2014 – Alcohol interlocks: towards a European approach for the fight against drink-driving, Warsaw
ETSC, The Polish National Road Safety Council and the Polish Motor Transport Institute (ITS) held a round-table event in Warsaw with the aim to raise awareness amongst policy makers, the private sector and key opinion leaders of how to develop a systemic approach to reduce alcohol misuse in road transport. Measures to tackle drink driving such as the use of alcohol interlocks, enforcement, the BAC limit and how to target novice drivers, were on the agenda.
Presentations from the event
- Polish National Road Safety Programme – NRSC
- Drink-driving in the EU – ETSC
- Drink Driving in Poland – NRSC
- Prosecuting drink driver offenders – Lazarski University
- Development in alcohol interlock technologies – Volvo Group
- Alcohol Interlocks in the EU – ACS
- Evaluation study of the Finnish rehabilitation programme and new preventive measures – TRAFI
- Corporate Social Responsability – Arriva Denmark
ETSC’s Safe and Sober project is supported by Volvo Trucks and Alcohol Countermeasures Group.