SMARTSober Mobility Across Road Transport
Promoting best practice in cutting drink driving
The objective of the SMART project is to address the main issues related to alcohol and driving and continue ETSC advocacy activities both at EU and Member State level to tackle drink driving and reduce the number of alcohol-related deaths. This focus is aligned with the EU’s own strategy to reduce injuries and deaths caused by drink driving.
The activities within SMART are consistent with and supplement ETSC’s systemic and evidence-based approach to road safety work.
In the framework of the SMART project (2020-2021) ETSC will conduct the following activities:
• Twenty country reports on drink-driving: for each country, an in-depth analysis of the drink driving situation is produced, including figures, policies, technology, enforcement, campaigns and multi stakeholder approach;
• An interactive map where all the reports can be found
• One video on a relevant drink-driving topic to be published on social media
The SMART project receives financial support from The Brewers of Europe and represents the organisations’ joint commitment under the European Alcohol and Health Forum.
- How Alcohol Interlocks can help preventing drink driving
- Why the EU needs a zero tolerance drink driving limit
- Sweden’s Alco Gates – a smart way to reduce drink driving