ETSC is dedicated to protecting human life by improving transport safety in Europe.
We are an independent NGO working with around sixty member organisations across Europe. Founded in 1993, we provide an impartial source of expert advice on transport safety matters to the European Commission, the European Parliament, and Member States.
We maintain our independence through funding from a variety of sources including membership subscriptions, the European Commission, and public and private sector support.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, organised and self-reliant Project Officer to help us deliver high-impact events, policy reports and communications tools on subjects including urban mobility, automation, drink and drug driving, enforcement and reducing serious injury.
You will be working closely with experts in their field, policymakers, sponsors and external suppliers to deliver work to the high standard expected by one of the most respected voices in transport safety in Europe.
- Manage one of ETSC’s project in the field of road safety, and contribute to other projects and advocacy campaigns as needed;
- Drafting reports;
- Collating and analysing road safety data using Microsoft Excel and web-based data visualisation tools;
- Organising events and working meetings;
- Liaising with national experts;
- Assisting with communications activity, including social media as and when needed;
- Proven experience in transport, health or a related policy area;
- A university degree in a discipline related to ETSC’s work;
- Ability to communicate fluently, orally and in writing, in English; other European languages would also be beneficial;
- Effective information gathering skills, good organisational skills, a flexible approach and the ability to plan and prioritise tasks;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including proven experience analysing data in Microsoft Excel;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, collaboratively and with minimum supervision;
- A proven personal interest in road safety or area of public policy promoting the public interest;
- Willingness to travel regularly within Europe.
What are we offering?
- The opportunity to work for a leading organisation in its field, at a high level, and with a lasting impact;
- A small organisation with an excellent team spirit, supportive colleagues and plenty of opportunities to grow;
- A one-year contract that will be renewed depending on performance and funding;
- Brussels-based, 37.5 hours per week;
- A competitive salary for the NGO sector in Brussels;
- Employee benefits package.
How to apply
Send a CV and a letter of motivation explaining how your skills and experience meet the job description above and why you would like to work for ETSC.
Send your application no later than 30 September 2019 to: email@example.com
Please include “Project Officer 2019 + YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the email.
Documents should be sent in pdf format.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
ETSC and data protection
Your CV and letter of motivation contain, by their nature, personal information. These documents will be stored on our server, and within our email system (Google G Suite) for a reasonable period of time in order for us to process your application. We will not share your personal information with other organisations now or in the future. We will contact references, with your prior consent. By sending us your application you are consenting to these terms.
For more information about ETSC and your personal data, see: