Online event – Road Safety and Society: Involving Stakeholders in Road Safety Programmes – 19 November – 10:00-12:00
This online PIN Talk took place on Thursday 19 November from 10:00-12:00 using the Zoom platform. It was organised by ETSC and DVR with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure in connection with the German Presidency of the Council of the EU.
The focus of the event was: Involving stakeholders in road safety programmes.
National experts from Germany shared their experiences with international and private sector experts on how to involve stakeholders in road safety programmes.
Following welcome addresses from Dr. Tamara Zieschang, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI), Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf (DVR), Prof. Herman de Croo (ETSC) and Mr Ferry M. M. Franz (Toyota Motor Europe), there were presentations on:
- Involving road safety stakeholders in EU policy Matthew Baldwin, European Coordinator for Road Safety, European Commission.
- Germany’s new road safety strategy Kai Assing, Assistant Head of Division RV2 Road Safety, Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
- The DVR and its role and experience in involving different actors in road safety activities, Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf, DVR
The presentations were followed by a panel discussion. The panel included short interventions on:
- Effective road safety strategies: findings from the PIN project, Antonio Avenoso, ETSC
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies, Ulrich Malburg, Head of Unit, Ministry of Transport, State of North Rhine Westphalia
- Stakeholder engagement in Ireland’s road safety strategy, Michael Rowland, Road Safety Authority, Ireland
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – the view of the private sector, Dr. Thomas Linz, Head of HSE Bayer AG Berlin