The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) and MiX Telematics organised a seminar on preventing road risk for employees, as part of the ETSC’s PRAISE project.
The PRAISE project, “Preventing Road Accidents and Injuries for the Safety of Employees”, addresses road safety risks in the work context. The project was co-funded by the European Commission, and is now supported by the Fundación MAPFRE, the German Road Safety Council (DVR), the Dräger Foundation and MiX Telematics.
PRAISE aims to promote best practices and spur on employers to secure high road safety standards for their employees. In the framework of this campaign, ETSC and MiX Telematics are organising an international seminar in Birmingham, bringing together the
The seminar focused on the key issues affecting employers in fleet and road-related risk management, and featured invited experts from across the UK and Europe. A range of key work-related road safety issues was discussed such as fleet management, insurance, reducing risk and costs.
Speakers from the following organisations appeared:
- European Transport Safety Council
- MiX Telematics (PRAISE Project Sponsor)
- National Vehicle Distribution (NVD) Ltd (Winners of the 2018 PRAISE Award for Large Companies)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Wincanton Logistics Company
- Applied Driving Techniques
The agenda can be downloaded by clicking here.
The presentation slides are available for download:
- Antonio Avenoso, ETSC
- Laurence Atchison, ETSC
- Jonathan Bates, MiX Telematics
- Mary Ogungbeje, IOSH
- Niall McNally, NVD
- Carl Hanson, Wincanton
- Andy Phillips, Applied Driving Techniques
For questions and queries, please contact Laurence Atchison at firstname.lastname@example.org