27 April 2021 – Online Event – Are Medical Fitness to Drive Procedures Fit for Purpose?
10am – 12pm CEST
This online event explored to what extent medical fitness to drive procedures in Europe are fit for purpose, in particular in light of the upcoming revision of the EU Driving Licence Directive.
Download the agenda here.
The event featured presentations on:
- The Scope of the Revision of the Driving Licence Directive – Claire Depré, European Commission
- Are Medical Fitness to Drive Procedures Fit for Purpose? – Jenny Carson, ETSC
- What can we learn from Finnish crash data about medical fitness to drive? – Tapio Koisaari, OTI, Finland
- The role of guidelines in medical fitness to drive assessments – Prof. Desmond O’Neill, National Office of Traffic Medicine, Ireland
- Sweden’s approach to medical fitness to drive –Åsa Forsman, VTI, and STA Marie Skyving, STA, Sweden
- Assessing Medical Fitness to Drive in German – Dr. med. Christiane Weimann-Schmitz, pima-MPU GmbH, Germany
The event ended with a panel discussion exploring how medical fitness to drive procedures in Europe might be improved.