14 December 2020 – Online Event – How to improve the safety of goods vehicles in the EU? 14:00-15:45 CET – Zoom Webinar Platform
This online PIN Talk focused on the safety of goods vehicles in the EU, looking at goods vehicle safety but also the safety of goods vehicle drivers and all other road users.
The agenda can be found here.
Following welcome addresses from Ellen Townsend, ETSC, and Tjark Kreuzinger, Toyota Motor Europe, there were be presentations on:
Findings of the PIN Flash ‘How to improve the safety of goods vehicles in the EU?’ Graziella Jost
What can countries do? Two examples from Germany and Switzerland
- Karola Lambeck, German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- Matthias_Wagner, Federal Office of Transport, Switzerland
Improving drivers’ direct vision in new trucks, James Nix, Transport and Environment
(short presentations followed by Q&A)
- How to improve the safety of goods vehicles for their drivers and all road users, Cristina Tilling, ETF
- Where next for improving EU goods vehicle safety? Matthew Baldwin, European Commission
- Successful implementation of vehicle safety – Richard Goebelt, CITA
James Nix, T&E, and Graziella Jost, ETSC, also joined the panel discussion
The PIN Flash, ‘How to improve the safety of goods vehicles in the EU’ which was presented at this event can be found here.
A recording of the event can be found here.