30 January 2015 – Alcohol interlocks and the fight against drink-driving – a European approach, Vienna
30 January 2015.
Austrian Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit)
The European Transport Safety Council, the Austrian Ministry of Transport Innovation and Technology and the Austrian Road Safety Board (KFV) held a round-table event in Vienna on a holistic approach to addressing alcohol misuse in road transport.
The event covered measures to tackle drink driving such as the use of alcohol interlocks, research findings and case studies from EU member states. A round-table discussion offered participants the opportunity to talk to experts and exchange experiences and successes with the use of alcohol interlocks.
1. Austrian Road Safety Programme – Federal Ministry of Transport (bmvit)
2. Alcohol Interlocks in the EU – ETSC
3. Alcohol Interlocks in Finland – TRAFI
4. Alcohol Interlocks in the Netherlands – RDW
5. Austrian Road Safety Board Study on the use of Alcohol Interlocks – KFV
6. Development in Alcohol Interlock Technologies – Volvo Group
7. Alcohol Interlocks Standards – ACS
For further information, please contact:
Ilyas Daoud, email@example.com
ETSC’s Safe and Sober project is supported by Volvo Trucks and Alcohol Countermeasures Group.