ETSC Online Event – Reducing Road Deaths among Young People- 28 October 14.30-16.30 CEST
This online event explored how to reduce road deaths among young people, in particular in light of the upcoming revision of the EU Driving Licence Directive.
There was a welcome by Elena Kountoura MEP and Mr Tatsuya Namura of Toyota Motor Europe followed by presentations on:
- Young People’s risk behaviour: the science behind it – Dr. Divera Twisk, Queensland University of Technology
- Reducing road deaths among young people – findings of the PIN Flash Report – Jenny Carson, ETSC
- How is the EU addressing the issue of young drivers? The revision of the EU driving licence directive – Joao Heredia, European Commission
- Presentation on Germany’s zero alcohol tolerance law for novice drivers and accompanied driving scheme – Jacqueline Lacroix and Kay Schulte, DVR
- Presentation on Austria’s muliphase driving licence – Martin Winkelbauer, KFV
- Presentation on Switzerland’s probationary period restrictions – Thomas Kramer, bfu
The event ended with a panel discussion exploring what can be done to improve young road user safety.
The ETSC PIN Flash report, ‘Reducing road deaths among young people’ which was presented at this event can be found here.
The presentations from the event will be available shortly.