SMARTSober Mobility Across Road Transport
Promoting best practice in cutting drink driving
The objective of the SMART project is to address the main issues related to alcohol and driving and continue ETSC advocacy activities both at EU and Member State level to tackle drink driving and reduce the number of alcohol-related deaths. This focus is aligned with the EU’s own strategy to reduce injuries and deaths caused by drink driving.
The activities within SMART are consistent with and supplement ETSC’s systemic and evidence-based approach to road safety work.
In the framework of the three-year SMART project ETSC will conduct the following activities:
• An event in Brussels addressing alcohol at the workplace;
• 3 case studies on good practice in addressing drink driving in different contexts and for different user groups;
• 6 National events (2 per year) on drink driving taking place in different European countries and bringing together drink driving experts and stakeholders;
• A conference on rehabilitation programmes for drink driving offenders in Brussels;
• Six editions of the Drink Driving Monitor newsletter;
• Renewal of the ETSC Commitment under the EC European Alcohol and Health Forum;
• An Alcohol Interlock Barometer tracking progress on implementation across Europe;
The SMART project receives financial support from The Brewers of Europe and represents the organisations’ joint commitment under the European Alcohol and Health Forum.